Kangaroo Island Online

Your online link to Kangaroo Island - South Australia

Friday, September 22, 2006

September on Kangaroo Island

It has been an eventful month here on Kangaroo Island.

It's been dry and is still not much rain in sight - not enough rain and farmers are worried about their crops and livestock, residents are wondering if they will be able to make it through the summer with the very scarce amounts of water collected with the sporadic rains so far.

This winter was declared as the driest winter in 168 years in Adelaide and it wouldn't be far off the mark here on Kangaroo Island.

Birds have started nesting earlier than usual - their patterns are not dictated by calendar dates and winter was so mild it seemed more like a beautiful spring!

There has been excitement on the island with the spotting of Antarctic Terns I will be posting photos of them on the bird sightings page and as I get time I will also post the more common birds which are found on Kangaroo Island.

The weather is turning and there have been days of wild gale force winds with beautiful hot sunny days followed by cold and windy days............... still beautiful along the coasts but be prepared and make sure you have your wet weather gear as well as your shorts and t-shirts when you visit over the following months.

I will be away for a month so there won't be many more updates until I get back end of October.

Take care..........

Bea - Kangaroo Island

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:21:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I took a tour of K.I. in Sept. and loved every minute of it! We had a wonderful tour driver and I would reccommend this tour to ANYONE that is in the area. Seal Bay was really super.......but now I'm back home in Arkansas, U.S.A. and I'll have the memories always!
    Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home